- Kovels on Antiques & Collectibles Sections:
Buyer's Price Guide
- how much your collectible or antique sells for? Look no further. Each
- month we report current prices in various categories such as
- advertising, dolls & toys, furniture, glass, pottery &
- porcelain, silver & other metals, textiles & clothing, and $20
- and under. You will find our monthly picks complete with price,
- description, date, and measurements.
- will find sale reports with color pictures, descriptions, prices, and
- an explanation of what influences the highs or lows. For everything from
- toys to formal furniture, glass, pottery, silver and more, get the
- low-down on items both unique and useful. The sales reports give the
- history of factories and items, as well as prices. They will help you
- discover the value of your piece. Read bits of advice and tricks from
- how to find expensive antiques at bargain prices to why you need a
- bungee cord at a flea market.
Dictionary of Marks
- Dictionary of Marks section pictures different marks that appear on
- pottery, porcelain, silver, pewter, toys, dishes, dolls, china patterns,
- and costume jewelry. This section includes a history of the product the
- mark appears on, a history of the mark itself, and a history of the
- company—all to give you the most information possible to identify your
- to know "How old is Donald Duck Cola?" or "Who made the Porcelier
- Coffeepot?" or "Where can I find a plate that matches my dinner set?"
- Each month subscribers questions are answered.
- give you the latest information on the workings of the antique world.
- Want advice on caring for your antiques and collectibles, new uses for
- your antiques, gossip about antiques TV shows, surprising prices, and
- funny stories? Look here. With this treasure trove of knowledge, you are
- sure to discover ways to build your collection—for affordable prices.
- are old and new antique and collectible reproductions that might fool
- you. We alert you to the likely problems with detailed answers,
- pictures, and links to other resources. Stay ahead of the confusion,
- read the monthly reproduction reports.
On The Road
- The Road" contains accounts of trips to antique shows, flea markets,
- auctions, and other antiquing events. Conversations with dealers,
- reports on oddities, trends, and prices are also included. Reports on
- reproductions or possible imports that can be confusing, even food and
- lodging suggestions. And reminders like "don't forget to look under the
- tables for bargains that others may have missed."
- stained teacups and stored books to nicked furniture and vintage shoes,
- you can learn methods to refresh your prized antiques. Security,
- repairs, storage, bargains and more.
Letter to Lee
- to Lee," is an informal editorial by Terry Kovel. She shares anecdotes,
- surprising stories about collecting, and her thoughts on everything
- from how to settle an estate to "Should children go to shows with you?"
Unlike most publications Kovels on Antiques & Collectibles
- has an annual index.The index gives the page number, issue number, and
- date for the article about the antique you are trying to find. Each
- index covers one year at a time and is available online.